Resources for journeying on "The Highway to Heaven"
The Arbaeen Ziyarah is one of the greatest manifestations of love towards Prophet Muhammad and his holy family. Starting next week, millions from across the globe will embark on a march on ‘the highway to heaven.’ They will be headed to Karbala, Iraq to pay their respects to Master of Martyrs, Aba-Abdallah al-Husayn.
There are numerous benefits the zair (traveler) can attain from undertaking this act of devotion and worship. Some of these include: spiritual, intellectual, emotional, social, economical or political. However, to ensure maximal benefit, each traveler must prepare spiritually, intellectually, emotionally, physical etc.
At Taqwa Media, we have compiled a list of resources to help each individual and family prepare. Whether this is your first time, or if you have been before, we hope you will find this resource list helpful. Please note, this is not an exhaustive compilation. Also, if you have found other resources helpful in your own search, please feel free to leave a comment or email us your resource at (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Also, please consider sharing this blog with family and friends through all your social media platforms.
Labbayk Ya Hussayn!
- Arbaeen: The Walk
- A Salute to Master of Martyrs
- From Medina to Karbala: In the Words of Imam al-Husayn
- Kamil Ziyaret
- Start with Philosophy of Ziyarat by Shaykh, Dr. Murtaza Allidina. See attached
- Sheikh Muhammad Al-Hilli: Night 9 :Arbaeen Walk: The Power Of Love supplements the book Arbaeen: The Walk
- Sheikh Dr. Murtaza Alidina: watch this youtube with the attached pdf titled Philosophy of Ziyarat.