Self Development Essays on Islamic Spirituality
Whilst meeting basic needs can make animals very happy and satisfied, human beings look for something beyond this. They need something that can give them a good reason to go beyond daily routines and to face the constant challenges and struggles of life. In Islam, spirituality occupies a very loft and central position. Life without a deep sense of meaning and purpose and void of devotion to God is "just amusement and diversion." The true servants of God, whether they are rich or poor, powerful or week, famous or unknown, in ease or in adversity and whether they live alone or amongst people, are totally mindful of God and remember Him constantly and therefore they have ultimate peace.
This book contains 8 essays on different aspects of Islamic Spirituality including:
- The Significance of Self-control and Self-purification
- Different Methodological Approaches to Spirituality
- Different Treatments of Spirituality
- A Glance at the Process of Self-development
- Key Concepts in Islamic Spirituality
- Practical Instructions for the Spiritual Journey
- Outcomes of the Spiritual Journey
- The Supreme Light and Created Lights: A Qur'anic Perspective
Sheikh Dr. Mohammad Ali Shomali is a graduate of the Islamic Seminaries of Qum and also obtained both a BA and MA in western philosophy from the University of Manchester. Additionally, he earned his PhD from the University of Manchester.
For a video lecture series by the author to complement this book, please click this link.
ISBN: 9781904934110 | By Dr. Mohammad Ali Shomali | Paperbound